March 19th, 2020
Grossman Young & Hammond is extremely proud of its extensive work with the hospitality industry. While each industry we work with has its own unique personality and culture, our service industry clients represent to us some of the most hardworking, creative, passionate and inspiring people around. We are deeply saddened by the broad impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on many levels, but are especially aware of the hardships facing our friends in the hospitality industry, particularly as we recognize our own fortune in working in an environment where telework is possible.
We compiled a list of resources for hospitality industry professionals both locally and beyond. In addition to this list, check in to GYH’s social media accounts for daily video updates from Becki Young, answering clients’ questions about how to stay compliant during these unprecedented times, as well as other effects of COVID-19 on immigration.
Washington D.C. Resources:
- Virtual Tip Jar is a compilation of the Venmo accounts of bartenders around the city. It allows you to tip your local bartenders via Venmo - https://www.popville.com/2020/03/virtual-tip-jar-for-service-industry/
- DC Beer Garden Hook Hall is distributing care packages to service industry workers: https://www.hookhall.com/helps/#CareKits
- Donations to Hook Hall Helps are being taken by RAMW here: https://www.ramw.org/educated-eats
- The National Restaurant Association shared the below resources for DC workers:
- Restaurant Worker’s Community Foundation has a COVID-19 relief fund: https://www.restaurantworkerscf.org/
- U.S. Bartender’s Guild is offering a Bartender Emergency Assistance Program: https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap?fbclid=IwAR3p9y-eXg1bhTGGL-snMh4XS6S4ydHxbu-mSTjYNMtDGrTiXsEvXIhT7KY
- One Fair Wage campaign also has an emergency relief fund set up: https://ofwemergencyfund.org/help
- The Restaurant Opportunities Center also has a list of resources here: https://rocunited.org/stop-the-spread/coronavirus-support/
- The Restaurant Opportunities Centers United has a crisis relief fund: https://rocunited.org/relief/?ceid=8648&emci=81616fb5-a668-ea11-a94c-00155d03b5dd&emdi=a71743ac-ab68-ea11-a94c-00155d03b5dd
- New York: Rethink has a “Restaurant Response Program” distributing no or low-cost meals to families in need in NYC: https://www.rethinkfood.nyc/restaurant-response-program
- New York: A space to share resources on available food sources for families: https://sites.google.com/foodeducationfund.org/foodhubnyc/home?fbclid=IwAR2PuTmhHaxJBJMw2buNKa1Ae0ePYHbfFUYNqJJYGnpk5PLHBEEr7E-FGQY
- New York: Women in Hospitality United started this Google Doc list of COVID-related resources around NYC: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZulmochsXf7I092Mq0GDP2mGwPVJ5kzm3_VLMWB6mYI/edit#gid=1937346074