The Washington, DC, immigration attorneys of Grossman Young & Hammond work with clients throughout the globe. Our practice areas encompass the full spectrum of immigration issues that individuals, families, and employers face when coming to the U.S. including:
- work visas for professionals, multinational managers, artists, scientists, and chefs;
- immigration options for investors and high-net worth individuals;
- asylum for those who fear persecution in their home countries;
- protection for victims of crime and children;
- assistance for individuals who want their family members to join them in the U.S.;
- deportation/removal defense and waivers;
- academic visas for students, researchers, and faculty;
- training visas in a variety of fields; and
- help for individuals who may be eligible to obtain U.S. citizenship.
We represent clients in highly complex and specialized situations before U.S. Consulates abroad such as dealing with inadmissibility issues. We advocate before and navigate complex bureaucratic processes to resolve INTERPOL or FOIA obstacles such as when a person is illegitimately included in INTERPOL databases or needs certain government information about their prior immigration records. For clients with criminal issues, we partner with criminal counsel to ameliorate the immigration consequences of criminal acts where possible and provide advice about the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
Our firm assists employers in developing a comprehensive corporate immigration strategy that meets workforce demands and prevents the loss of key employees in today’s rapidly changing business and legal landscape. We provide skilled counsel to ensure compliance and due diligence in corporate restructurings and acquisitions and train clients in Form I-9 employment verification and E-Verify compliance, either preemptively or during audits and proceedings.
Learn more about our practice areas below. To speak with us about your immigration needs, contact us.
Why Choose Grossman Young & Hammond
Our lawyers have a long and successful track record of practicing before immigration agencies and courts including U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. Department of State embassies and consulates abroad (DOS), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and the Department of Labor (DOL).
Our team has earned top accolades from the Washingtonian, the Legal Times of Washington, U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers, Chambers International, Chambers U.S., and Who’s Who Legal. Please click here to read client reviews.