EB-1 “Outstanding Researcher/Professor” Immigrant Visas

EB-1 “Outstanding Researcher/Professor” Immigrant Visas

Outstanding professors and researchers are eligible for immigrant visas under the EB-1-2 classification and do not require PERM labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. This category requires an offer of employment from:

(A) a U.S. university or institution of higher learning, offering the beneficiary:

(1) a tenured or tenure-track teaching position;

(2) a permanent research position; or

(B) a private employer with documented accomplishments and at least three persons in full-time research positions, offering the beneficiary a permanent research position.

The foreign worker must have at least three years of experience teaching and/or in research in the field and be recognized internationally as outstanding in the academic field specified. Contact our office to speak with an immigration attorney about EB-1 visas for “outstanding researchers/professors.”

Internationally recognized and ranked among the top law firms in the world.

Subscribe to our Newsletter


site by LegalRev