Temporary Work Visas

Helping You Achieve Your Temporary Work Visa Goals

At Grossman Young & Hammond, we take deep pride in assisting employers and foreign workers achieve their temporary work visa needs. We help you explore the full spectrum of nonimmigrant work visa options, empowering you to make informed decisions with greater clarity and confidence. Whether you need help securing a work visa for the first time or to extend or change your visa status, our accomplished team is here to serve you.

Navigating the Temporary Work Visa Petition Process

In most cases, the employer (i.e., a private company, educational institution, or non-profit organization) must file a temporary work visa request on behalf of a specific foreign national to fill a particular position. The requirements for hiring foreign workers vary widely by job type and industry. Some work visa categories, such as the H-1B visa for professional workers in a specialty occupation, are limited by numerical caps or quotas. Other visa categories, including the TN “Trade NAFTA” work visa for Canadian and Mexican citizens and the E-3 visa for citizens of Australia, are restricted to specific nationalities. Visa categories like the H-3 and J-1 visas for trainees and the L-1A category for multi-national managers and executives are specific to position level. The temporary work visa petition process can be complex for employers and employees to navigate, so enlist the guidance of one of our skilled business immigration attorneys to help you identify the most strategic path forward.

What to Expect During the Filing Process

If you are pursuing a temporary work visa petition, your employer will need to complete the required forms and file them with U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). Once USCIS approves the petition, you may need to attend an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. Some temporary visa categories also require certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. We encourage you to enlist our legal guidance during this process to ensure you have the support and resources you need to move forward with confidence.

Grossman Young & Hammond offers exceptional employment-based immigration law services. Call our Bethesda office at (240) 403-0913 or our Silver Spring office at (301) 917-6900 today to get started.

Whether you need help securing a work visa for the first time or to extend or change your temporary visa status, our innovative team can help.

Internationally recognized and ranked among the top law firms in the world.

Subscribe to our Newsletter


site by LegalRev