P Visas for Athletes, Artists and Entertainers

P Visas for Athletes, Artists and Entertainers

The P visa is a category for internationally recognized artists, entertainers, and some athletes. For athletes, this visa is appropriate for an individual who is coming to the U.S. temporarily to perform at a specific athletic competition, individually or as part of a group or team, at an internationally recognized level of performance. For entertainers, this visa is an option for individuals who are coming to the U.S. as part of a group that has been recognized internationally as outstanding for a substantial period of time. Each member of the group must have been with the group for at least one year (with certain exceptions), and be entering the United States exclusively to perform with that group. The P-1 visa status is granted on the basis of the group’s reputation, rather than on that of the individual artist.

P-2 visas are reserved for artists and entertainers who perform individually or with a group pursuant to a reciprocal exchange program between United States and foreign organizations. The exchanges must be similar in terms of caliber of artists and terms and conditions of employment.

To speak with an immigration attorney about P visas contact Grossman Young & Hammond.

Internationally recognized and ranked among the top law firms in the world.

Subscribe to our Newsletter


site by LegalRev